Thursday, January 6, 2011

Substitution Effect


I realize it's too early to congratulate myself, however, I have worked out every day of this New Year. I'm a mix-and-match exerciser. I'll try just about anything: jumping rope, cycling, running, yoga, years ago Mck equipped me with a NordicTrack.

Yesterday morning, though, I went looking for my Bollywood Dance Workout video. Here's a little known secret: my first love was dancing. I spent years taking classes. Spent years frequenting Colorado dance clubs. Wedding receptions, street concerts, live music, someplace with a nice sound system, the occasional grocery store aisle...I have the urge to move. So I was particularly excited about the prospect of this dance workout.

I spent 20 minutes fumbling around the downstairs looking for the DVD and finally gave up. Went with a yoga series instead. It was too bad. When you're itching for some Bollywood Dancing anything else pales by comparison.
_____________________
Anxiously Anticipating: NOVA's "Secrets Beneath the Ice" via DVR
Travel Docket: Phoenix, AZ for an Energy-Environment Conference in late January. Yes, I'm escaping the dark of Midwestern winter for an excursion to the desert southwest. I'm pretty pleased about it.
Remodeling Project Du Jour: Splitting the upstairs into one (hopefully two) more true bedrooms with closets and all. Photos of construction rubble to follow.

2 comments:

kraftykash said...

We have been taking yoga at the Y for over a month now. Its so addicting! Hope you find the bollywood dvd soon :)

Melissa said...

Kashoan! So great to find you in cyberspace. I'm a yoga regular at the Y as well. Hope I'll bump into you there sometime soon!