Sunday, June 21, 2009

Productivity

The pages of my day-planner are filed with lists. Dated at the top of each page. Prioritized lists of things I want-to, hope-to, or must complete within the week. The long and the short of it is: I’m a task-completing-junkie. Sometimes I’ll list a ridiculously minuscule task, penning the words after it’s already done, just so I can cross it off.

Last Monday I found my favorite pen, opened up my day-planner, and started the week’s list. Synchronized the tasks with McKibbin’s work schedule, Naomi’s Summer Reading program, projects at work, and the calendar in our kitchen. The list is like my roadmap for the week. After sizing up the route I'm propelled to gas up the car, grab some iced tea, and go. I sat, staring at the list and waited for its familiar forward push. I grabbed a cup of coffee, sat back down at the table, stared at the page and waited some more. I checked my watch, glanced out the window...nothing...I crumpled up the page, and went back upstairs to take a nap.

No comments: