Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Invention-Suggestion Box

I must not have been looking when the summer weather toggled with its master on-off switch.

Spending the majority of my life in the Midwest, I'm no stranger to humidity. Since turning thirty I have also resolved to generally complain less about my life and circumstance. I'm hoping to mature into one of those suffer-in-silence types of people.

Trouble is, when you're good at silencing complaints nobody seems to recognize you're suffering. Overall the martyr role has only worked out marginally well for me thus far. I'll have to refine the long-suffering sigh to prompt respectful praise for my "silence." In the meantime I let out an involuntary groan as I read today's forecasted heat index of 114 degrees.

It's one of those summer days I fight the urge to crawl into my refrigerator's icebox and stay there until October. So, allow me to couch my gripes in the form of a money-making-invention-idea.

Might I suggest someone out there, somebody a whole lot handier than myself, invent an icebox big enough for a person to camp out in during days like this? The bare-box would be good and I'd be willing to pay for little extras like a computer, i-Pod, or pillowy cot so I could actually grab some restful sleep.

Just a thought.







__________
Currently Reading: Blessed Are the Cheesemakers by Sarah-Kate Lynch
Currently Watching: Original Star Trek Episodes
Recently Enjoyed: The Visitor (2007)
Anxiously Awaiting: Eureka (Season 3.5, I think)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Try creating a memory eraser of some sort please, I need it.