Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Weekend Highlights

Last weekend I had the lovely occasion to travel to Chicago. And I made a short-list of my favorite features from the trip.
  1. Hands-down the most comfortable hotel bed I’ve ever slept in. I tried to dream up some way of taking it with me as a carry-on.
  2. Indulging in a 2 ½ day-long coffee date equivalent with Ms. C.
  3. The Evolving Planet exhibit at the Field Museum.
  4. A delightful pizza and beverage excursion with T and his entourage. My smiling muscles ached for hours afterward.
  5. Listening to a series of free audio-tours of Chicago’s history and architecture that McKibbin downloaded onto my MP3 player.
  6. Wading knee-deep into the text of The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver.
  7. Upon realizing I would be home in time to tuck her into bed on Sunday night my daughter said, “I’m so excited I could cry!”

1 comment:

atheist66 said...

Sweet! I didn't know I had an "entourage!"