Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Spellin' It Out

N: Some of the kids in my grade are interested in girlfriend-boyfriend type things.

Me: Really, what do you think of that?

N: I think it's embarrassing and there's a lot of crying involved.

Me: Well...

N:...like this boy, Gabe, he comes up to girls at recess and tells them they're his girlfriend. Later he breaks up with them and all the girls cry.

Me: Really?

N: Yeh. Except my friend, Aleeah. She didn't cry. She told Gabe, "Look, you never asked me and I never said I was your girlfriend in the first place. So alls I ever said is we were friends but, you know what? Now that you're being so mean to me? Being friends just isn't my thing. You know, friends? The only thing we were to begin with? Yeh, that relationship has ended. It's over, Gabe. O-V-E-R."

_____
Reminder: Naomi, Gabe, & Aleeah are all in the Second Grade.

2 comments:

aly carlson said...

amazing.

Melissa said...

This story caught me entirely off guard.