Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pushing Through the Imperfections

I’m trying to learn to be a better seamstress. Naomi has visions that I’ll sew fashionable dresses though that’s well beyond my skill-set. I’m more focused on alterations. As a chronic thrift-store shopper, I’m hoping to more often wear clothes that actually fit me.

I did manage to sew Naomi a dress for Laura Ingalls camp. Not without hard alcohol and lots of swearing but it's finished.

Generally I think that’s what I’m working on: to finish things. Well beyond my sewing projects I’ll take up this or that project, aspire to loveliness, get frustrated and give up.

I’m trying to work through the imperfections and finishing things anyway. So, ugly as this little dress was, I did finish it. My daughter was delighted. And, when it was all done, I could see that for a first effort it wasn’t too bad.

No comments: