Monday, October 19, 2009

Indubitably

McK's unfortunate work schedule persists. I know, I've complained about it so much even I'm tired of my whining. Rest assured, though, his rotten schedule isn't my point...not today anyway.

N and I were cooking dinner last night. With the daylight fading, I glanced outside. Noticed as McK's white car rolled into his usual parking spot.

Me: Looks like your dad's home.
N: Yeh?
Me: Yeh.

She bolted from my side, opened the heavy back door, and met him in the grassy yard. Neither of them wearing coats. They both came inside beaming. She was still kind of clutching his leg which offset his usual stride. McK cracked his eyes into mine. He looked at me a little longer than usual.

McK: Rumor has it two humans and two cats are glad to see me.
Me: That's more than a rumor, McK, it's the absolute truth.

No comments: