Thursday, September 24, 2009

Colorado Trip Random Observations

1. I am a glutton for free wi-fi.

2. It never fails: walking by the bottle of Avian water in the hotel room I feel suddenly parched. Then convince myself not to drink it by muttering some choice words over the insane, INSANE price tag.

3. Occasionally I will speak up in a large group of my utility-enviro peers and I won't sound as dumb as I feel. Sometimes I'll even speak in complete sentences. Yay, me!

4.Whenever asked to orient myself amidst the Denver Metro area, dance clubs serve as my primary landmarks.

6. Awkward and clumsy as I am I can't stand to impose upon my cab driver to schlep around my luggage.

7. My friend, Ashlee, has a 13 month old girl who bites, kicks, and tackles kids twice her size. As a (formerly) small kid myself it was all I could do not to high-five her with congratulations.

8. Anytime I gaze upon a bed that's made, or a hotel room that's suddenly tidied I consider my lucky and glamorous life.

9. The sight of the Colorado sky-line still takes my breath away.

------------------------
Brush with Greatness: As many of you know I have a clutch of Colorado girlfriends. Whenever I travel to Denver they are gracious enough to make the time to see me. On this latest trip my friend Lisa mentioned her brother (A.J.) won the 2008 Popular Science Best of What's New Award. He invented a "smart-fabric" for self-heating gloves. No joke! How cool is that? Though, personally, I'm holding out for the self-heating socks.

1 comment:

atheist66 said...

Wow. I read about that Best of What's New guy. Small world.