Friday, August 22, 2008

What's The Carbon Footprint Of That?


At a gas stop in western Nebraska this week I looked over to see a Greyhound Bus sized RV with a full-sized hummer in tow. The big, silver tube in the background is a fuel truck. I think the RV might consider taking that in-tow, too, based on its fossil fuel needs. I had to snap a picture to make sure I wasn't stuck in a nightmare.

My brain hurts to imagine the eco-karma this driver, or his/her kids, might suffer from later in life.

3 comments:

Lincoln Writer said...

yeesh -- frightening, indeed!

My new pet peeve are the semis on the interstate whose sole purpose is to carry a moveable billboard, usually for a cell phone carrier. None of whom will ever get my business as a result!

Anonymous said...

And really, why is all of that in any way necessary???-C.

Melissa said...

I'm still stunned by the sight. There just aren't words for all the feelings the photo conjured.