Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Unlisted Number

N: Does it hurt when a baby comes out?

Me: Yes.

N: Did you get hurt?

Me: A little. You and I worked hard when you were coming out. But everything healed up.

N: How come we had to stay at the hospital?

Me: We were both pretty tired. We stayed in the hospital two days so we could rest. During that time the nurses helped me learn a little about being a mom.

N: So kind of like mom lessons?

Me: Yeh, kind of. I learned how to feed you, how to give you a bath...

N: Is that where you got the Tooth Fairy's phone number? From your mom lessons at the hospital?

Me: Mmm-hmmm.

N: I thought so.

5 comments:

Lincoln Writer said...

Gotta love her logic. It just makes sense!

Krista said...

i am so glad you share these moments with us! i smile and giggle every time.

Anonymous said...

Darn, but those mom-lessons cover soooo much!-C.

Melissa said...

Thank goodness the nurses at the hospital gave me the 411! :)

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh...I absolutely love this story!!!