Wednesday, June 11, 2008

You May Find Yourself

And you may ask yourself-well...how did I get here?
--Talking Heads

I popped open my car trunk the other day to grab my gym bag and noticed a dangling plastic yellow tag. Turns out it’s a trunk release. You yank on it in the event you’re trapped in the trunk of the car and need to get out.


Obviously this trunk release was installed at the factory. Otherwise someone thinks I lead a much more colorful or criminal life than I do. How flattering.


More appropriate, given my age and circumstance, than the trunk release itself was the reminder to run once I’m out of the trunk. Aaaaah, I feel so much safer.

3 comments:

matt said...

Ya. Trying to run while you are still in the trunk is very hard and much less effective.

Our car has the pull tab, but no instructions. OMG we have just been laying around in the trunk after pulling the tab! Why didn't anyone tell us?!?!

Lincoln Writer said...

someone's blog recently had a pic of a sign that said "Caution: Sign has sharp edges." That was the whole sign.

Melissa said...

We have to post not one but two signs at our electrical substations. One that reads: Danger High Voltage, Do Not Enter. The other is an image we affectionately refer to as ouchie-man. Enough said.