Monday, June 9, 2008

So, how was your weekend?



It's the first question anyone asks you at the watercooler on Monday: So, how was your weekend? Today I can't respond without giggling. My Aunt Carol threw her annual Splash Party on Saturday. Water-guns, a two-lane Slip-n-Slide, beach balls, wading pools and sprinklers made for a super fun time. Naomi and I were completely jazzed to hang out with the gaggle of kids, and near-kids (aka grown ups) in attendance.

I snapped this photo after I dared the kids to strike their silliest pose. Let's just say I didn't have to ask twice because they busted out the silly poses very, very readily.

Having been a parent for six years now, I can say with some distinction that this was a group of the sweetest, most fun-loving, well behaved children quite possibly ever congregated in one place. Nothing stood in the way of this good time. No squabbling, no fighting, no crying nothing but an afternoon fully-loaded with sun screen and splashin' around. Afterwards Naomi and I climbed into the car just dawg-tired. We were running on fumes by that point but still giggled with glee the whole way home.

Thanks, Aunt Carol, for such a fun afternoon! And don't worry, that patch of grass under the Slip-n-Slide will grow back eventually.

5 comments:

Lincoln Writer said...

Lord, that looks like fun!

Melissa said...

I can vouch that it was. :)

m@ said...

no that you mention it...that probably WAS the best behaved, most fun-loving congregation of kids i've ever been around.

what a GREAT day!!

Sarah said...

What a great description! The kids were sooooo good! I do hope her grass grows back one day!:-)

Unknown said...

It's not lookin' too good for the grass...BUT, HAY, we look at the grass-challenged, near-naked streaks as fond momentos of a perfect day.

You were ALL good kids! Thanks for making the day so special!

Auntie Carol