Monday, June 23, 2008

My Daughter: The Closer


I shot this photo of Naomi when we were in the Denver Airport. I was reassembling our carry-ons and tying my shoe laces after the TSA checkpoint so Naomi took a moment to phone my mom.

Naomi hatched a plan to spend the night with her grandparents and phoned just to shore up the logistics. Oftentimes I think of Naomi as always giggling or goofing around by contrast this photo is all business. The kicker is that Naomi isn't even speaking to a live person in this photo she's just leaving a declarative voice-mail message.

Given her level of determination it came as no surprise to find my mom (aka Grandma Mel) at the arrival gate in Lincoln. We piled into mom's car. No explanation was required as they kicked me to the curb at our house. The day closed with Naomi tucked under the covers at her grandparents' for a good night's sleep. Done deal.

No comments: