Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Moments That Surprised Me

  • My mother asked for help in buying tickets from an online scalper to last night’s Bruce Springsteen concert. 
  • Paying the registration fee for next week’s tennis tournament. 
  • The Final Jeopardy question which referenced, by name, my favorite used bookstore on the planet. 
  • My running pace picked up over the past year. 
  • That hole that was dug out from the side of my house is all patched up.
  • Last Sunday I hosted a lovely gathering of my occasional soup clubbers. 
  • A question I posed to Google responds: Loverboy. Yep, Loverboy. The band. 
  • There is a long list of arguable points to justify why oatmeal cookies make the perfect breakfast. 
  •  A group of ten year olds tasked me with putting the Fonz into context. 
  • I’ve been reading Outside Magazine recently. Live Bravely.
  • British Petroleum agreed to plead guilty to a series of fourteen criminal charges and pay $4.5 billion in fines and penalties for the fatalities associated with the Deep Horizons drill rig explosion two years.

No comments: