Monday, February 27, 2012

Penguin Party Hat

I walked inside the house with a handful of mail today. With my birthday next week, I wasn't too surprised to spy a greeting card-sized envelope in the mix. 

The head-scratcher was the return address. It looked distantly familiar but nothing I could place or put a name to. I tore open the envelope lip and realized my credit card company sent me a birthday note. Just a consumer friendly, confetti, and penguin wearing a party hat card from Visa. The message was a polite little nudge to treat myself for my birthday.  

It made me chuckle. I must be getting older and more responsible. Fifteen years ago my lending agent ~might~ have sent me a birthday card. The message, though, would have suggested I endorse all of my birthday checks and make them directly payable toward that account. 

No comments: