Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cab Line

So my conference in Phoenix ended. With the last presentation we applauded the speakers. I retrieved my luggage from the side aisle of the room, wheeled myself into the hall and onto the down escalator. I waited for a cab at the curb. Made small talk with the enviro next to me. It was your usual line-waiting chit chat.

Flying home today?  
Which presentations at the conference did you attend? 
Where are you from?
What sort of work do you do?
Then the conversation flopped over onto its belly mid-sentence. 

You'll see what I mean. 

We were comparing fields of experience. I gave my blurb. He gave his when (out of nowhere) he shrugged and said, "...so, naturally, we started working with NASA about six years ago..."

The kicker? 
He wasn't kidding.

No comments: