Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Blurbs

We did not come to remain whole.
We came to lose our leaves like the trees, 
The trees that are broken 
And start again, drawing up from the great roots
- Robert Bly
_______________
N participates in a world of the Mind-Paint Workshop. She writes poetry and comes home with a bubbling from under her skin. 

Thanks, C, for inspiring my kid to love writing and words!
_______________
All of the programmable electronics in my house - my coffeepot, my blackberry, my gas furnace... - wake up at the same time. I'm the straggler. I roll out of bed, at least, 20 minutes late. 
________________
I have developed a cooking-crush on the smittenkitchen website. 
________________ 
Citizen Science Alert: this weekend is the Great Backyard Bird Count. I have a group of 13 elementary school students fired up and ready to go this afternoon. Clip boards. Binoculars. Warm Coats. We're good to go! 

No comments: