Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Denver Homesteaders

It's no secret I spent the vast majority of my twenties in Colorado. I'll occasionally still suffer pangs of longing for the Front Range, actually. But this week I had a quantum physics sort of an alternate reality moment when I read this article. Evidently the Denver City Council passed an ordinance easing the restrictions of chicken and goat keeping within the city limits.


It made me smile to think of the first blog entry on meleeska, of my neighbors' chicken coup here in Lincoln. This wasn't the first occasion where I thought that, in an alternate reality, I would have stayed in Denver. And it wasn't at all a stretch to think I would have befriended these Urban Homesteader/Sustainable Food people. But reality collapses in on itself eventually. Denver or Lincoln, I'm thinking I would still live within earshot some chickens.

No comments: