Monday, February 14, 2011

Outside Temp

I had to snap a photo of my dashboard temperature indicator on Friday. Ah, the start to a warm weekend!

I don't know anyone that hasn't been hit hard by this winter. A Senator being gunned down in Arizona. Employment numbers remaining low. Three years of recession news. This unrelenting and bitterly cold weather just offered up a sort of bone-crushing blow.

It made this weekend feel like an oasis, really. I hope you found the occasion to marvel at the blue sky, the ability to wander outside in light jackets. I went around splashing in puddles and clipping the river of snow-melt in the gutter. I revelled in the way the cold water would backsplash and flicker in the sunlight. Never once minded the cold sting at my toes or wearing wet socks.
_________
Personal Soundtrack: Just Like A Star (Corrine Bailey Rae)
Recent Goodness:
Celebrating my Aunt Jinx on her birthday.

Shout out to: Jill Zeman, Jake Bleed and the new arrival Claire Audrey.
BTW: I have an eight-year old plotting to cook dinner tonight.
Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

m@ said...

Wasn't that blast of warm weather nice!! I wore short sleeves while playing in the snow with Sofia on Saturday.

Melissa said...

Ah, M@, such fun! It feels like we're all warm weather and sun giddy!