Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Inside the Mold

I resolved to cook up a big pot of Carrot-Cilantro soup before Christmas. I've always liked giving holiday gifts that come from my kitchen. So last night Naomi and I were in the aisles of the grocery store, goofing around, and stocking up on soup ingredients.

Naomi: You know what you should make instead of this soup, mom?
Me: What's that?
Naomi: Some really fancy Jello.
Me: Jello?
Naomi: Yeh. It's ~so~ tasty.
Me: Special holiday...Jello?
Naomi: I think people would really like it.
Me: You know...uh...it sounds weird, Naomi, but I'm not that good at making Jello.
Naomi: Well, we could find you a good recipe or something.
Me: Actually Jello is one of those foods I liked so much when I was a kid, and ate so much of it that I don't eat Jello so much anymore.
Naomi: Really? That's too bad, mommy.

2 comments:

B said...

Fancy Jello would be a *great* band name! Thanks so much for the pleasure of your company this evening, lady!

Melissa said...

I completely agree! Fancy Jello: its more than just a delicacy.