Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Furry News

Ten days ago the McKibbin family adopted two kittens from the Cat House. It was a surprisingly extensive process to adopt these two, more reminiscent of a match.com experience than I expected. McKibbin indicates this is customary. Each kitten came with a three page application, family interview, microchip implant, and a diligent, friendly, cat-loving case worker.

Pictured above is Ms. Maggie. Her brother, Miles, bats at the wrist strap of my camera every time I try to take his picture. Photo sessions are more of a game than anything else. I have yet to get a good mug shot of him but I have fun trying.

They're both delightful and mischievous, so, they fit right in. I guess the match.com approach really works.
_______________
Reading with Naomi: A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Dinner Line Up: Rice Noodles with Thai Peanut Sauce & Veggies.
Quote of My Day: "Mommy, soon the kittens won't be little anymore. They won't want to play with us because they'll have big cat things going on."

5 comments:

B said...

hooray! What fun! Naomi must be beside herself.

kraftykash said...

Oh how exciting for all of you! I love the names you picked.

aworkinprogress said...

Ack! I love kitties! I'm glad you guys found such a good match.

Melissa said...

We're in kitty heaven.

m@ said...

A WRINKLE IN TIME!!!!! I was just thinking I need to get a copy of that for when Sofia is old enough!

great quote by naomi, too. "big cat things" for sure. :-)