Friday, May 15, 2009

Name That Tune

Me: So what's that song by The Who?
McK: Which one?
Me: The one where the title is different than you'd expect.
McK: You're kidding me right?
Me: No, it's one of their radio-play songs...but the main riff isn't the title.
McK: How does it go?
Me: I don't know...but...it's by The Who.
McK: ...and... the title is different than I think it should be.
Me: Right. How about "t-t-t-talkin' 'bout my generation..." what's that song called?
McK: My Generation.
Me: Well, that's not it. (pause) Why do I think it has something to do with hummus?
McK: The Who wrote a song about hummus?
Me: No, I think it's related to the title. Hummus...like pita or something...rita maybe.
McK: ...baba ganoush?
Me: Oooo, that's it! It's something like baba-
McK: Baba O'Rielly?
Me: Ok, that you knew the song based on those clues...that's creepy.

No comments: