Thursday, April 30, 2009

You Know Me So Well...almost

N laces up her tennis shoes to participate in the Mayors Run, a 1-mile lap around the State Capitol, this Saturday. The event is habitually plagued by torrential downpours. Having drip-dried a couple of years ago, I thought I’d log onto the Weather Channel's website and scope out the weekend forecast. Be prepared. Pack an umbrella if I needed one.

I logged on by entering my zip code. Scanned Saturday's weather nutshell: temperatures and the chance of precipitation, etc. Looking more closely at the screen I noticed a link to something identified as “Race Day Outlook”.



Wow! I thought, Web-advertising sure has evolved. That's exactly what I was looking for! How handy to have a link for runners directly from this site.

Bedazzled by the accuracy of the Weather Channel’s on-line marketing agent, I clicked on the Race Day Outlook. The screen loaded. My bedazzlement dissolved into giggles as I scanned a detailed list of NASCAR events, race locations, and (based on the forecast) the odds of any rain delay.
__________
Reading with N: The Katie Kazoo Switcharoo seriesDinner Line-Up: Pesto Pizza with Red Peppers, Tomato-Mozzarella SaladAnxiously Awaiting from My Mother's Tivo: Being Erica (Season 1)
With McKibbin home late these days my viewing habits turn very, VERY girlie.
When I told him Being Erica was a show on SOAPnet, he chuckled and said...
My Favorite Quote: "SOAPnet? Ok...wait...there is such a thing?"
Recent Undertaking: Loading a Killer MP3 Playlist for Sunday’s Half-Marathon.

No comments: