Friday, March 27, 2009

Impatient for Spring


I'm just so done with the cold, gray sky. If only the chilly wind would return the favor, and be done with me, we could all move on along here. Shesh! In my zeal for Spring I raked up the oak leaves from our yard last week. Aerated the ground, and stopped to stare, expectantly, at the bare earth.

The tulips, garlic and parsley shoots took pity on me and sprouted. Tiny wisps of green. A hint, a hope of more to come.


Naomi has been on Spring Break all week. Freed from her classroom my girl trekked out to the Pioneer Park Nature Center everyday. She scrambled into my back seat each day with mud caked shoes and socks, pink cheeks and an excited chatter.

Exciting as it is to spend time outside, under any conditions, we are aching for the ground to open up its box of colors.

C'mon, I'd shout out to Spring if I thought it would help. Get a move on. We're waiting already!

No comments: