Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Seasonal Properties

Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine
out of ten people couldn't start a conversation.
-- Kin Hubbard


Properties of Winter I like
  1. Being miracled by a snow-day cancellation of school
  2. The quieting properties of snow
  3. Sledding-Snowshoeing- Ice Skating
  4. A pink and orange sunrise against the cold sky
  5. Arriving home to the surprise of a sidewalk already scooped
  6. With enough layers, proper boots, and mittens Meadowlark Coffee is a five minute walk down the street for a shot of hot chocolate and board games.
  7. Long, hot showers
  8. The comfort of a warm blanket and a good book

Properties of Winter I Don't Like
  1. Cold feet – the cold toes are particularly cruel
  2. Gassing up my car in an arctic wind
  3. Scraping my windshield
  4. Snow-packed driving conditions
  5. Winter accessories (scarf, hat, mittens) being so darned easy to lose
  6. The way my eyes ice up with tears in the cold and again as I come inside
  7. Cabin fever
  8. Icy bed-sheets

5 comments:

kraftykash said...

Im crossing my fingers for a "snow day" tomorrow. I love the quote at the top of this entry!

Melissa said...

Isn't that great the we got the snow day on Friday? McKibbin stayed home with Naomi and they had a great time. I hope you and your kids enjoyed the day as well!

Unknown said...

We need to pass your quote onto Jake... He is less than mesmerized by Nebraska weather. He seems to not need the mixture of cold and warm, tepid and chill :-) Thus, San Antonio beckons him away from us...

Unknown said...

Oops, sorry. Jake was logged into my computer... No, he did not write about himself not liking Nebraska weather!

seasonal rentals by owner said...

These seasonal properties can now earn money through seasonal rentals. There is a community over the internet for seasonal rental property owners and renters that will facilitate the communication and agreement.