Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year Revelations

  • A 20 hr short-weekend getaway excursion could, and to my mind should, require 4 sets of foot apparel. 
  • $15 will purchase 14 packs of gum. 
  • When N tugs on my arm and asks if she can go and get some gum, I should ask more detailed questions. 
  • The sight of all that gum in one’s possession will inspire a sort of hero worship from anyone under the age of thirteen. 
  • The indoor playground at Mahoney State Park has no weight, size, or age restrictions. And, yes, the net ladder and the punching bag maze are just as much fun as you’d imagine. 
  • I had no idea there was something called the ~suicide dive~ that a grown man could do off the high board at Larsen Pool. It was both hilarious and impressive. 
  • My blog needs to split in two. Last year I started posting a series of environmental and industry issue blogs. I wanted to form a writing habit that was focused on issues without being snarky. I’ll need to separate the issue focused write ups out from my more personal posts. 
  • Getting your first “tiger” toast at the Landis assemblage to ring in the New Year is a pretty darned good deal.

No comments: