Sunday, November 6, 2011

XL


This is my friend, Pat, reading from a statement from Nebraska State Senator Bill Avery about TransCanada and the Keystone XL pipeline. 

The demand for oil is too high for me to support stopping the pipeline all together. I'm not opposed to pipelines. We have 1.8 million miles of natural gas lines connected to most homes and businesses in Canada and the United States. Petroleum product pipelines occupy around 200,000 miles of North America. Most of these pipelines are operated safely and without environmental incident. When properly located and installed pipelines are about the safest transportation method available for petroleum products. 

What I don't like is the 65 mile stretch of pipeline which endangers the Ogallala Aquifer. What I don't like is TransCanada's environmental record

The attached clip was from the public meeting in Lincoln a couple of weeks ago. I voted for Senator Bill Avery and I'm proud to be his constituent.

No comments: