Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fight or Flight

So I have this new assignment at work. A cool little project which lands me with something to say in a series of neighborhood discussions. So I'm excited and I think I could be good at this.

I hope to be good at this, anyway. Which makes me nervous. And being nervous or stressed some people have the fight or flight response. I've refined the puke or cry response. Either way, the prep work for these community conversations can get pretty messy.

Once I'm faced with the conversation or meeting I've worried over: I'm fine, actually. Completely fine. Which is great. A smidgen annoying since I was all worked up. But great. In hindsight I'll even swell with a little fondness for the occasion.


Until that rear-view mirror moment, however, my pockets are stuffed with Pepto Bismol tablets and Aloe Vera Kleenex.

__________________________
Personal Soundtrack: Not Ready to Make Nice (Dixie Chicks)
Reading with Naomi: Hate That Cat by Sharon Creech


No comments: