Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cosmetics Counter

Naomi: What are you doing?

Me: Putting on mascara.

Naomi: Why? You only will get it dirty at work.

Me: Probably true.

Naomi: That's why I don't wear make-up. I would only get it dirty at school.

Me: Good thinking. You're also a little young to wear make-up.

Naomi: Why?

Me: Make-up tries to take older women and make them look younger.

Naomi: Yeh. But that trick doesn't work for you.

Me: Mascara doesn't make me look younger?

Naomi: Not really. Your face always looks more like a twelve year old (pause) just with a whole lot of wrinkles.

Me: Thanks. I think.

4 comments:

aworkinprogress said...

I just really like your kid!

Melissa said...

Thanks, Colleen. Me too.

While 12 is younger than my mascara is shooting for, it must sound like the pinnacle of sophistication to a six-year-old.

kraftykash said...

Too cute! You have a great way of telling the story to your readers

Unknown said...

Priceless!