Friday, July 20, 2012

Precisely

Something came up at work. 

My task was to dig into the accuracy levels required for environmental reporting. 

I know, it's a glamorous life I lead. 

A life that occasionally dwells in ratios, rounding requirements, and significant digits. 

Anyway I had an intuitive answer, but I'm not at all a math-head, so I needed some objective source to fall back on. 

Enter a multi-hour Internet tour of regulatory and standard laboratory reference documents. 

The details of this event are far less interesting than the glorious conclusion that I was right. That's right. I. Was. Right. Right all along. 

I sort of fluffed up with pride. It was a moment that could only have been made better by a pop-up message that read “OMG, you’re ~so~ smart!” 

Come to think of it, I'll have to work on that pop-up message. 

It might come in handy more often than I think!

4 comments:

m@ said...

You need a touchdown dance for these kinds of moments...

david Landis said...

Oh My God, you are sooo right and oh soooooo smart.

Melodee said...

What they said /\

Melissa said...

You guys are the very, very best! Thanks!