Sunday, October 5, 2008

Point Well Taken

N and I were getting ready for church this morning. Sunday mornings have a laid back schedule at our house. Sometimes we'll linger over breakfast or surf the internet together before we get dressed. At this point in the motherhood game, however, any schedule that affords lipstick and mascara applications before I'm in the car feels luxuriously laid back.

This morning I put on my dress and donned a pair of shoes with a modest heel, walked out of my bedroom and saw N in the hallway. I rarely wear dresses and N often comments on how lovely I look whenever I put forth the slightest effort toward my appearance. My vanity inspired a sort of slight pause in the hallway. Nothing tacky or gratuitously obvious I just thought I'd linger there, you know, in case I needed to humbly receive praise.

Instead N clucked her tongue, scowled at my shoes and, in all seriousness, said "Don't blame me if you twist your ankle in those things!"

3 comments:

Sarah said...

aaahhahahahaha!!! That's is priceless!

Melissa said...

Oh, I know! I can't remember laughing so often or so completely before I had my kiddo.

m@ said...

hahahahahahaha!!!!