Friday, May 30, 2008

Best Friends

Naomi: Nobody wants to be my friend.

Me: Naomi, that's not true.

Naomi: Nobody wants to be my best friend. Everybody has a best friend at school and nobody wants to be with me.

Me: You know, there weren't a lot of kids in my neighborhood so when I went to school I felt like nobody wanted to be my best friend either.

Naomi: What did you do?

Me: I learned to read because a book can always be your best friend.

Naomi: Mom, a book can't go on the Monkey Bars!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Curious George can!

Lincoln Writer said...

I'm not so sure. I think with good balance on the part of the reader, a book could indeed go on the monkey bars!

Miz K and I are back in town and, I believe, dueling to be first commenters on this post. Let's get together!

xoxo,

B

Melissa said...

Ah-ha! The comeback I wish I had! Glad you ladies are back in town. The fun factor is Lincoln feels it when you aren't around. I'll see you at the party tonight.