Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Whatever

Whether you celebrated Easter, the equinox, or a pagan shout out to fecundity I hope you had a great weekend! McKibbin and I had the hours jam-packed with family, friends, and good food. To borrow the sentiment from a 1980's domestic beer commercial ... it just doesn't get any better than that!

I pulled back the dead leaves in our yard to find what green things were growing underfoot. Spring is such a nice time to dust off your bike, open up the house, and pack your heavy winter coat up to the attic for next year.

Happy Whatever -- let's hope the warmer weather is here to stay!
_______________
I'm off to Raleigh, NC this week for work. Anybody have suggestions on where-to-go or what-to-do while I'm there?
_____________
I got miracled for my birthday by a handbag designed by my sister-in-law, Jen. I don' t know how many of you have oooooed and aaaaaahed over its stylish loveliness. Too many to count. I owe it to her fans to mention Jen has pulled together eight designs for an awesome line of handbags, clutches, and lunchboxes. You could (and should) check them out at www.jenlukas.com

4 comments:

Lincoln Writer said...

Wow, that birthday cake was amazing! Thank you.

On your book voyeurism below: Reminds me of a web site I've been meaning to turn you on to. You can keep a log of books you've read and see what other people have to say about them. It's kind of fun. Here's my page: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/853378

Have fun in Raleigh, lady!

Melissa said...

Ah-ha! I'm glad you liked the cake. Naomi, our birthday girl, has good taste and her father has a good sense of chocolate.

Great website. Thanks for the reference!

Catch up with you later.

Sarah said...

OOOHHHHHHH Those purses are crazy cute! Please tell Jen next time you see here that I am in love! What talent!!!!

Melissa said...

Oh, I know! Aren't those bags just terrific? She is just soooo talented. Both you and Jen are living proof that my family tends to import the very coolest!